Giving to the Memorial Union
This link will direct you to the UNH Foundation Giving Page to make your secure donation of any amount to the Memorial Union Gift Fund. Your donations support the enrichment of the student experience, leadership programs and creation of community.
How the Union Came to Be
In the 1940's and 50's, the University undertook a campaign to raise funds to build a student union on campus. At that time, donors were told that "all who contribute toward the erection of the Memorial Union are investing their money in our young men and women. It is an investment which will pay rich dividends to the University, to our state and to society in general." With thanks to generous donors, the building was opened in 1957.
Now, nearly 60 years after it's dedication, the Memorial Union continues to fulfill this mission enriching students' academic experience with leadership programs, inclusive community development, recreation, and employment opportunities. The State's Official War Memorial, the Memorial Union is an anchor of the University Campus providing services for more than 200 student-run organizations and supporting meetings and events for the entire campus community.
Memorial Union Funding
Today, the Memorial Union Building (MUB) is completely funded directly by enrolled students paying the "MUB Fee" ($359/yr 13'-14'). The MUB is not funded with state tax dollars, tuition monies, or UNH general assessment funds. This fee-driven budget supports everything from the light bulbs and furniture to the extensive leadership development curriculum and the vast number of public lecture series and entertainment opportunities the MUB provides.
- Give because it helps keep student fees down
- Give because you believe in supporting places for inclusive community
- Give to support the state of New Hampshire's official war memorial
- Give because you believe that leadership development is an important part of education
- Give because you remember your time here as a student employee
- Give because you have appreciated free MUB lectures and entertainers
- Give to help the MUB in supporting the work of more than 200 student organizations
- Give because you believe the MUB is the heart of the campus
- Just show your MUB Love and give!